Wednesday, July 14, 2010

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING


This week I am living on cloud 9. Why is that you ask? It is because I recently smashed to bits a goal that has been lying dead at the bottom of my bucket list to do's for longer than I plan to admit. Every year the opportunity presents itself, I make some excuse about bad knees or lack of fitness and then the event comes and goes and I am left disappointed. This year I am hitting the big quarter century (sob) so I figured I had to do something big just to show that over the hill vibe what it is messing with. So I did the training and this weekend, I ran my first ever half marathon and I absolutely loved it. If you had told me 2 years ago of the fate that lay ahead of me I would have literally laughed out loud and bought you another drink. I am so ridiculously stoked I am tempted to get a tattoo of my medal so I can wear it forever. 


4 comments:

  1. Good to see you beating that big oke behind you!! Hope you were leaving him and that he was not ever going to catch you!! Great running and proper determination .... and the Knysna is one of the tougher Half-Marathons around .... congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY Lex thats fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW..CONGRATS MY LEX!!!so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete