Tuesday, July 6, 2010

GET OFF YOUR ASS



The first star in the GET OF YOUR ASS category  
Regent Harriers Running Club  
COST: FREE
Regents Training Schedule

Tuesday and Fridays are the big groups. We meet on the corner of Broadway and Kensington at 5am and start running at 5:15am sharp. The routes are always different and are always 10km.

Thursday is a set route - a hill run. It starts and 5:15 am sharp on the corner of Broadway and Kensington.

Everyone is welcome so please join us

I know what you are thinking when you read this schedule, you are thinking that Im maybe crazy and that you will never be able to be apart of something this totally loopy, because that is exactly what I thought when I first heard about Regents.
When I first moved to Durbs, I was about as skilled at running as a sea sponge. I could not hit 3 km without seeing stars and I was convinced that running was one of those sports that you were either born fab at or really crap at. There was no grey area in my mind. Then a friend invited me to join her at regents I thought she had lost her marbles entirely. I couldn't run 10 km hell, I could barely make 3. Not in a million years, but the nagging persisted so I finally cracked and dragged my sorry self down to Broadway before the sun had even bothered to show its warm face. I could not believe it, standing there in the dark on a random corner in Durban North stood about 70 runners and walkers in all different shapes, sizes and fitness levels "hmm"  I thought, maybe I was wrong about this.  It is now 6 months down the line I am completely addicted. This saturday I will be running my first ever half marathon and I am completely stoked and it is all thanks to Regents.  They converted me from a seriously stubborn non runner into a total addict and now I want to convert you. So here is my offer, If you are a non runner like my former self and you are keen to get off your ass and come along to check out this madness send me a mail and I will do it with you (Its always scarier if you go it alone). I promise you, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment