Monday, April 26, 2010

THE SUBJECT OF MY DREAMS


I am somewhat of a macaroon addict. Ok I am in full blown macaroon addict but who is counting. If an institution has them on their menu, best you believe I have sampled it, judged it and stored it in the little macaroon filing cabinet in my brains. Last time I was in Cape Town the engaged one introduced me to a little patisserie called Cassis. A little slice of heaven wedged in between some bustling cafe tables in the heart of Newlands that has quite honestly got me reeling. I am going to go on the record and say that they have the best Macaroons in South Africa.




Since the first visit, the engaged one subsequently moved to Johannesburg and I have it on good authority that she has put out a tender to  UPS, Postnet and everyone else in transport to start exploring how they are going to successfully transplant those delicious gems out of the refrigerated cabinets of Cassis, into her warm tummy.


 THESE SCRUMMY PICTURES ARE COURTESY OF ARAN GOYA FROM CANNELLE ET VANILLE

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lexi,

    Thanks for vote of approval. We like to think our macarons are the best in South Africa too!!
    We have so many customers from jhb who have discovered us when in Cape Town, perhaps its time for a Cassis in Jhb!!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete