Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I BET YOU SHE ALSO DOES THAI BO







Do Fitness instructors get taught a special numerical system different to ours?  Because I don't remember ever being taught the 10, 9, 8, 7, 7, 7, push, push,  quick sip of energade whilst i mozy around the hyperventilating women, oh where was I? 8, 7, 6, 6, 5, 6, 6, 5, 4, 4, 10, push, push, push, 9, 8, 7, 7, 7 - numbering system. I don't ever remember Mr Thai bo man ever actually reaching the number one in the constant battle to count down from 10-1 during the last year. Im not even sure he even knows that the number 1 even exists? Now I know I'm bitching but seriously Its frikkin simple. 


On days like i had to day, I generally want to go home, get out of my work clothes and into my jackie chan wanna be cothes and then go kick some ass. This leaves me feeling awesome and on top of the world and pretty much invinsible. Now  I spend all day being told what to do and how to do it so when I exercise I want to just let go, beat some invisible sh*t up and know that when mr thai bo man tells me I have 10 more round house kicks left I don't want to be secretly mind gamed into actually doing 50, im 24 years old, I have been privy to the secret they think they are doing 10 but I'm really making them do 50 game since the first time you tried it so let it go damn it!


Bah ha ha How hilarious is that. I wrote that in my car straight after my thai bo class while i was still exhausted, pissed off, stinky and generally furious with Mr Thai Bo man for trying to brain wash my ass into shape.  I am now showered, feeling like my ass looks better than Giselle Bunchen and so pumped full of feeling good excercise vibes that I might pop. Although the whole counting thing drives me wild (and Mr thai bo man knows this im sure of this) I do feel amazing and I Certainly have noticed a drastic change in my bootay since I started. So If you enjoy beating sh*t up after a crappy day, I suggest you go on down to Shuriken Kickboxing and Taibo Dojo, Above Feds (DIY) Building, (between Umgeni and Stamford rd, from Kent rd turn into Walkers lane). Classes are from 5:50-6:30 pm monday to thursday and are only 20 bucks an hour and for that cheap, I am willing to put up with Mr thai bo man and his infuriating counting because secretly I know that I would never make it all the way down to 50:)


*For you peeps in CT go to www.dragonpower.co.za, But you probably already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment