Marina: My name is Marina and I like eating zoo biscuits.
2. 10 ingredients every person should have in their kitchen?
Lisa: Sundried tomatoes, mother-in-law’s salt (with paprika and other secret things), Klein River Gruyere, smoked mussels, avos, coconut milk, olive oil, marshmallow eggs, Wedgewood nougat,risotto rice.
Marina: Chilli, feta, mushrooms, cream, black pepper, olive oil, chickpeas, peppers, fresh ginger,
3. I read a Jamie Oliver inty and he was telling a store about once when he was cooking
dinner for his lady in the nik and he opened the oven and a whoosh of hot air blasted his
bits! Any cringe worthy kitchen moments you would like to share?
Lisa: I decided to make a 70s-inspired dish for my husband’s 30th – a rather hideous sounding orange pudding (orange juice, milk and gelatine…. doesn’t sound good does it?) but didn’t put in enough gelatine as when it came to turning it out of the mould a cascade of orangey-milk drowned both me and the kitchen. Not cringe-worthy but certainly the makings of a good party.
Marina: I once went on a blind date and my date disappeared during the meal and locked himself in his room. Turned out he had cooked with pinenuts, which he was allergic to, and got so swollen he didn’t want to be seen!
4. Wooden spoons are so last Tuesday, My mom must have broken masses on my ass as
a kid, but these days moms have so many more options (I personally am loving the Le
Creuset spatula range, nice wooden handle with a flexible silicone end) Which kitchen
utensil do you think doubles as the best whacker ?
Lisa: The Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin
Marina: A pizza paddle? Although this breaks the rule of thumb.
5. Being someone who likes to cook, a lot, means that I receive about 3 recipe books every
Christmas, and birthday. What are the top 3 budget friendly Yuppie Chef items (in the
non cookbook category) you would recommend to people looking to gift their foodie
Marina: Poach pods, Magnetic measuring spoon, Victorinox Tomato Knife
6. What is the wierdest thing you ever ate and enjoyed?
Lisa: Heston Blumenthal’s mock turtle soup (OK not weird but magical)
7. When all the foodies aren't looking I like to indulge in a little . . . .
Lisa: Pork scratchings
8. Working for the 'ol yuppiechef people must make people assume that you chicks are pretty much Masterchefs, a) is this the truth? b) When you have me round for dinner next time Im in ct what will you be cooking for me?
Lisa: a) Nope. If I’m left to my own devices in the kitchen it’s chaos. b) Thai steak salad
Marina: A) Well the people in Masterchef are learning, right? b) Butternut and burnt sage butter risotto (if you feed me chocolate)
9. On the subject of your employer, how on earth do you receive your pay check at the end
of every month and not blow it immediately on a kitchen aid? You are surrounded by so
much cool stuff!
Lisa: Creating a ‘wish list’ helps!
Marina: We have nerves of steel.
10. What is the best perk about your job?
Lisa: Our social teas – last week we had marie biscuits with marshmallow easter eggs squished inside and then melted. Today we had scrumptious milk tart.
Marina: Working with incredible, quirky and inspiring people.