Monday, September 5, 2011

THULE 4 PEAKS MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE 2011

 
My dear friend Storm and I have been itching to get involved in the Thule 4 Peaks Mountain Challenge for a few years now and this year we decided to stop dreaming and make this thing happen. We paid our moneys and sent off our entries and have been training our little rings off getting more and more excited as the 1 October creeps closer and closer. Lately I have been feeling a little nervioso, those bastard voices in my head have been slowly but surely sneaking little doubts into my mind about the seriousness of the situation and the fact that maybe navigating myself over 4 monster peaks clad in leopard print tights is not the wisest idea, especially since I can barely navigate myself to Westville. Yesterday, I received an email from the race organisers and suddenly I remembered why it is that I have been obsessed with the idea of smashing this run for over 2 years. This race is not about fastest times, winning or racing. This race is about getting outside and enjoying the insane, gobsmacking beauty that is South Africa. Take a look and tell me you are not just a little jealous...

THULE 4 Peaks Mountain Challenge - 2010 highlights from D4 Productions on Vimeo.

1 comment: